Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

Looking Forward to Something More Credable Then The Amish "Reality" Shows On Air These Days...


I'm really looking forward to seeing this program.

My heritage and background is from a strict Amish traditon.

My Great, Great Grandparents, John & Fanny Stutzman were of the strictest order settling in Oscoda County in 1901.

My Great Grandfather ,Jeremiah Stutesman, changed the German spelling of our last name from Stutz to Stutes to make it more "English" during the World Wars.

I never was of the Amish faith but do remember family reunions with many "horse and buggies" tied up outside the hall. I also recall enough food to feed three armies! No one went hungry with the seemingly miles and miles of meats, vegetables,casseroles, pies, cakes, rolls and oodles of Amish traditional dishes.

I have always had the problem of weight gain...I think is attributable to the belief and strict adherence of take only what you can eat and eat everything you take...seconds and thirds were encouraged! Waste was a sin!!

I recall many stories related to the faith told to me by my cousins....

After viewing this trailer I believe it will be a more accurate account of the Amish lifestyle.

Looking forward to the show.