Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

TIM ALLEN SAID "NO"!


I love the new ABC series staring Michigander Tim Allen "LAST MAN STANDING"....

I was also an early Tim Allen fan when he did his first series back in the 90s "Home Improvment"...

I can remember the first time I caught Tim on "Home Improvment"....It was when the Michigan Magazine crew was on location at the "Shrine of The Pines" near Baldwin..

We were spending the night at the shrine as guests after spending the day filming this landmark and interviewing the museum director Pat Sweet...

We had just finished dinner and were watching the "telly" when the show came on...It was in it's first season...

I was taken back by the fact that the series was about a Michigan family where the husband / Father was a local Cable Television star....

I loved it when I could relate to Tim's situations....

I was truly saddened when the series finally left the air....BUT I was delighted to find Tim Allen's lastest venture into a weekly series...Last Man Standing....

The show is similar to "Home Improvment" in a quirky way, but it's based in Denver instead of Detroit and Tim has three daughters instead of 3 sons...

I know Tim is a big Michigan promoter, not only as the voice of the "Pure Michigan" campaign but in "real life"

He's always got something nice to say about his home state & his fellow Michigander...

If you're a fan of Tim's work, as I am, I think you'll enjoy this little clip of his recent interview with PBS as he opens up about the fact that his venture into a weekly television series was almost abandoned when Tim said "No"...